The purpose behind this forum

Home Forums Administrative The purpose behind this forum

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Michael Lake 1 year ago. This post has been viewed 220 times

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Michael Lake
    Keymaster

My intent for this forum is to create a resource for helping trombone players play better.

The difference between this forum and other trombone communities out there is that this one is intended to be more narrow. It will inevitably evolve into something I cannot at the moment predict, but I’ve set it up to be a resource not just for my books, but for other methods and resources dedicated to teaching musical and trombone excellence.

I’ve organized the forum into the topics: Improvisation, Rhythm, Listening, and Alto Trombone. To start things off I have posted the best of the questions I received lately from comments and conversations. Dive in. I’d love to read your thoughts on these important subjects. I’ve also created a section for freebies. Feel free to download this section’s music, arrangements, book chapters, and other resources. And please go ahead and post your own stuff for sharing.

Last, I would like this to be a place where players can post recordings of themselves playing a tune, an exercise, or something as part of a question. Upload an MP3 up to 3Mb so that I and hopefully others will listen and provide you some constructive feedback. One of the rules of the forum is that we are all respectful of one another and foster a forum for honest and constructive positive feedback.

If you find value here, please pass this resource on to your friends, fellow students or colleagues. As you well know, the bigger the community, the better the forum’s value to you.

Thank you for participating.

Michael Lake
    mlake@altobone.com

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar