Optical Thunderbolt cable problems

Home Forums Recording Optical Thunderbolt cable problems

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Lake 11 months, 3 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 218 times

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Michael Lake
    Keymaster

It looks like for the second time, my 30 foot optical Thunderbolt cable has crapped out. The last time, Corning replaced it for free. Let’s see if they’re willing to do it a second time.

Anyone else have trouble with long Thunderbolt cables? Any other solutions for 30 foot lengths than a long optical cable?

Michael Lake
    mlake@altobone.com

Robert H. Allen
    Participant

Hi Mr. Mike:
    Did Corning replace the cable for you again? If not what is the current status now?
    Robert

RobA7937

Michael Lake
    Keymaster

This time around I didn’t try. I got a good few years out of two for the price of one.

I’ve moved my Apollo interface and amp next to my desk and now use a standard six foot copper Thunderbolt cable connected to my iMac Pro. I now run my speaker cables across the floor to the side with the rest of the equipment but under the rug so as to hide them. A little soldering and there you have it!

I think that either heat or use eventually burns out the optical cables and at $400 a piece, I’d rather be wired with more stable connections.

Michael Lake
    mlake@altobone.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar