Contraalto Trombone?

Home Forums Alto trombone Contraalto Trombone?

This topic contains 33 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Jeff Gittleson 5 months, 1 week ago. This post has been viewed 829 times

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Jeff Gittleson
    Participant

Been a while, figured I’d throw an update in here. I’ve made several iterations of the Db bass bone, currently the one i am using has a 9′ red brass bell, and a Bb valve. Sure it’s a few notes short, but its a blast to play. I decided to actively use one in some local groups and the results have been very positive. Besides the head scratching that comes from the rest of the low brass section, it blends well in a multitude of settings, and changing up the bell material and flare has given me the flexibility and projection i like. Occasionally someone will argue with me it simply cant be a bass trombone, however once they here it played the argument quickly dies out, and is replaced by bewilderment as to how something of such a diminutive size can sound the same as the traditional horn.

As far as getting used to the positions, its still a little challenging at times when i have to sight read a piece smattered with accidentals, but other than that i cannot complain. This is why i chose to use this one with only a Bb valve to start. Not too many things to learn, and ultimately will be joined by a second independent valve making it Db/Ab/Bb/Gb.

Im currently exploring how to patent these, as i really do feel I’ve stumbled onto something great.

Heres a photo of the latest model.

Jeff Gittleson
    Participant

Jeff Gittleson
    Participant

Ill just leave this here…. Planning to bring a couple of these to STS and ITF at a booth

Jeff Gittleson
    Participant

All done. Anyone going to STS of ITF, im planning on getting a booth and having a few of these there.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar